Our commitment to you during Covid 19 lockdown
In response to the recent outbreak of COVID-19, Plumbworx is taking a number of precautionary measures to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our clients, community and team, and to minimise the spread of this virus in New Zealand.
As we are an essential service we can carry out some plumbing work during the lock down.
Under the definition of essential services we can continue to provide plumbing or drainlaying services if they are immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work.
Under this definition the services must:
- Be needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work; and
- This need must be immediate.
Examples of the type of work that would come under this definition include:
- The repair/replacement of hot water cylinders that have failed, as the hot water will be required for sanitation purposes.
- The unblocking and repair/replacement of sanitary waste pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of water pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of gas piping, fittings and appliances where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
Examples of things that would not be included in that definition are:
- The repair of minor leaks.
- The replacement of tap washers.
- Routine servicing.
- The replacement of sanitary fixtures that are working.
The emphasis is on essential repairs, not those that can wait for another day and pose no immediate threat to health and safety.
These are the precautionary measures we have put in place:
- Extra questions are being asked at the time of booking jobs regarding overseas travel and sickness in the household to evaluate if it is safe for our tradesman.
- Our tradesmen will NOT be sent to your job if they show any sign, however minimal, of illness.
- Regular hand hygiene by all staff.
- Daily cleaning of PPE and tools for all tradesmen.
- No physical contact, including no handshaking or elbow-bumping etc.
- All staff policies relating to best practice are being updated as this evolves.
The Plumbworx team apologises in advance if there is any delay in completing work due to these new protocols. We are sure you will agree, however, it is important to ensure the safety of all.